The Patrol Division is under the direction of the Patrol Captain who reports to the Chief of Police. There are four shifts in the Patrol Division, each working twelve hour shifts. Each shift has a Lieutenant, Sergeant, and six patrol officers. The Patrol Division is frequently referred to as the "backbone of the police department." These officers are the most familiar to the general public because they are responsible for the 24 hour-a-day task of responding to calls for service, preventing criminal activity, conducting preliminary criminal investigations, apprehending criminals, traffic enforcement, accident investigation and community interaction.
New Employment Opportunities - Download Application HERE
The City of Paragould is currently accepting applications for the position of police officer. Applicants must meet the following requirements established by the Arkansas Commission of Law Enforcement Standards:
- Applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED certification.
- Applicant must possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license at the time of hire, with no record of suspension or revocation in any state.
- Applicant must have no felony convictions.
- Applicant must be of good moral character. A comprehensive background investigation will be conducted.
- Applicant will be required to pass a physical agility test and a written police officer selection test. Applicant will also be interviewed by an interview board.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States as of the date of the written test.
- Applicant must live in or move to Greene County when hired.
- The City of Paragould will require a psychological and medical examination (including drug screen) after an offer of employment has been made to a job applicant and prior to the commencement of the employment duties of said applicant. Condition of employment is dependent on results of said exams.
Applications may be picked up from City Hall located at 301 W. Court St. or may be printed from a .PDF file after clicking on the link above. When returning completed applications, a résumé must be attached. Contact Human Resource Director Tisha Baldwin, (870)239-7511, with any questions.
THE CITY OF PARAGOULD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. THE CITY OF PARAGOULD DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS OR OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.